Twitter: The Guru Of All Social Network…!
Twitter, the micro blogging site has become an important tool of expression for many people. It has given users a platform where they can write their heart out in 140 characters or less. The social networking site recently completed six years on 21st March. The site provides freedom of speech and we see people from all backgrounds posting their true (or false) feelings. While some enjoy following their favourite celebrities others use the platform for more serious discussions and latest happenings. We bring you some facts that illustrate the social media phenomenon known as Twitter that speak for its size, audience and popularity.
- An estimated 300 million tweets are sent every day.
- Approximately 70 percent of all Twitter traffic is from outside the United States.
- Japan loves Twitter. Almost 25 percent of all tweets are from Japan alone.
- The first person to reach 1 million followers was Ashton Kutcher back in April 2009.
- An average of 4,60,000 new Twitter accounts are created every day.
- Since last year, a jump of 182 percent has been seen in users accessing Twitter from their mobile phones.
- Presently, Dick Costolo is the CEO of Twitter who used to be a professional comedian.
- On an average 750 tweets are submitted every second.
- Twitter is the 9th most popular site in the world.
- The most popular Indian on Twitter is none other than Amitabh Bachchan (@srbachchan) with over 2.3 million followers.
- Twitter is now available in 28 different languages around the world.
- Twitter has over 140 million registered users. If Twitter were a country, it would be the 12th largest country in the world with this population.
- Jack Dorsey was the first to have a Twitter account because of course he was the creator and founder of Twitter. Jack was also the first to post a tweet on Twitter.