Month: December 2013
ERROR 1015 RESOLVED…..
How to fix iPhone 3g error 1015 on windows
The first basic step we need to follow, when ever we get 1015 error for the first time, is to press the power and home button, both at the same time on your iPhone to reset the phone and if the problem still persists, then you need to follow the given steps one by one:
Step 1: You need to download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone3G and then download Recboot on windows.
Download the latest version if Apple iTunes. If you already have iTunes installed on your computer, update it using the update option.
Switch your iPhone into recovery mode.
Now connect your iPhone usning USB to your PC and while holding the Shift key, click on the “Restore” option in iTunes and browse your iOS 4.2.1 file
You need to wait till your iTunes restores you iPhone to iOS 4.2.1. In the end of the process, after some time you will get the Error 1015 in iTunes, near the end of the process. You need not worry about that, because now we will use recboot to rectify this error. As soon as the error occurs, your iPhone will automatically switch into recovery mode. Now click on the “Exit Recovery” button in the Recboot window. Your iPhone will restart and boot normally.
If you face any issue in restoring process or the iPhone does not restart even after pressing the “ Exit Recovery” button in Recboot, and you still get the same error on your iPhone, I recommend you to do the Jailbreaking process withRedsn0w 0.9.6b1.
Note: The Jailbreaking process can be done with any of the versions of Redsn0w which start with 0.9.6.
Note: For iPhone 3G wishing to unlock the phone for using with different carriers should not use Redsn0w because Redsn0w will update the phone baseband to the latest version, which will make unlocking the iPhone practically impossible.
You need to follow the below-given steps to jailbreak iPhone 3G with Redsn0w 0.9.6 b1:
- Firstly, you need to download either iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.0 (which ever is the preferred one) for iPhone 3G.
- Next step is to update the firmware of the phone to the latest downloaded firmware(.ipsw file). This can be done by using the latest version of iTunes.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for Windows using this link:redsn0w_win_0.9.6b1.zip
- extract the downloaded zip file and run Redsn0w.
- Click the “Browse” button and select the .ipsw file for the downloaded firmware.
- Click the “Next” button. Redsn0w will start patching the kernel and will prepare the jailbreak data.
- Then, tick the checkbox corresponding to “Install Cydia”, click “Next”. Also select other options if required. For example, users who do not need multitasking can uncheck the “Enable multitasking” option
- Turn off the device and connect the device via USB cable to the computer, and press the “Next” button.
- Now switch the mode of your iPhone to DFU (this can be done by holding “Power” button and then pushing “Home” button along with that for about 10 seconds. After 4-5 seconds, release “Power” the power key but keep the “Home” button pressed until installation begins.
- Wait until Redsn0w completes the jailbreaking of your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will automatically restart as soon as the jailbreaking procedure is finished.
Note: If windows users see the process stuck at “Waiting for reboot” for more than 20 seconds, then try disconnecting and reconnecting the phone to the computer. Try using a different USB port on the computer, or if you used a USB hub, then connect the device directly to a USB port instead of the hub.